Sunday, April 19, 2009

A nice stroll in the park...?











Oh Trixie, you never cease to embarrass me.
And Cole, you're no exception.

A walk in the park is supposed to be a pretty peaceful thing, right?
No. Well, not with Trixie and Cole, that is.

Erin and I had our hands full, so we decided to tie them up to a tree while we picked up trash for my Biology project.
That didn't last long..
I didn't take into consideration that other dogs and their owners may be using the park..
And I also wasn't really thinking of Trixie and Cole's hatred towards other dogs..
Until I saw two little Pomeranians running towards my dogs..
I bolted.
As I was holding onto both of my dogs' collars for dear life, I began to wonder, "Why can't they be normal?!"
Once the Pomeranians left and they were out of reach of Trixie's deadly jaws.. Everything was okay, for about 2 minutes.
Erin and I were told to "move down a few trees" so that we wouldn't get hit by any baseballs.

Erin was a little upset with this :P.
As we were walking away, a few more dogs came up behind us.
And of course, they were off the leash.
For their own safety, Erin and I kept a good distance away from them.

Cole, oh Cole..
Must you lift your leg at EVERY SINGLE tree and pole you see?
I mean, really, is it THAT necessary?
Sometimes I just don't understand.
I can't even take you into Petco anymore, because you think you need to "mark" every corner.
Gahh...

And Trixie, you just think you're all that.
Ms. Territorial.
And I was so proud of you, just sitting out in Erin's backyard and minding your own business.
But when Erin's mother walked out.. couldn't you have shown atleast the TINIEST bit of respect?
Barking at her? Like it's your own yard?
COME ON!!!

I wish they could hear me chew them out, so they wouldn't embarrass me all the time!
Jeez.

Hahahhh.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I think I was more than a little upset! Stupid wiffel waffle balls or whatever they were. Who cares if they hit us?!?!?! I dont! :) That was fun though! Even though I was way tired......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan , This is really a great blog and I loved your writing skills . Keep up the good work .
    I was looking for the zoo pictures but was not able to find the post.It would be nice if you can send me the link to my mail.
    Regarding the trick , It's a cool way of avoiding the fence and focusing on the animal.I use a Digital SLR and if you use the same , try taking the picture in manual mode and manual Focus .I use a 200mm lens and It works pretty well.Anyways try experimenting the next time and try taking pictures until you get the 'THE' shot.I am planning to visit the zoo again and try taking more pictures .I love taking animal pictures and will share some pictures soon .If you have any doubts shoot me an email and will guide you with my knowledge.
    Again keep blogging and all the best.

    Ratish

    ReplyDelete