Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Wonderful Hogle Zoo.



Ah, the zoo. I love it.
I love the chances of photography.
And not just any kind of photography, animal photography. My favorite.
I feel as though you can capture so much with a picture of an animal, such as their feelings and emotions.
Animals also don't complain that they "look back in that one". Most of the time they don't need to, animals rarely have a "bad side".




Some of you may be wondering "If you love animals so much, how can you stand to see them in captivity?"
Well, I have two sides to that question.
A lot of zoos take exotic animals in that have been injured and cannot return to the wild. I like this aspect.
However, I have to agree that it is sad sometimes. The exhibits are often far too small for the animal it contains. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about this.





But some animals seem to be enjoying themselves.













We enjoyed ourselves, as well.




My long-lost love, Ernie the Colobus Monkey.


When I'm lonely, I talk to the prairie dogs. :)













Future posts will be filled with pictures from the zoo, these hardly even make a dent!

No comments:

Post a Comment